Notice of Annual Meeting
NOTICE OF THE ANNUAL AND SPECIAL GENERAL MEETING OF THE WEST WAWANOSH MUTUAL INSURANCE COMPANY
Notice is hereby given that the Annual and Special General Meeting of the Company will be held virtually on
- To receive, consider and approve the Financial Statement and Auditor’s Report for the year ended December 31st, 2020.
- To appoint auditors for 2021.
- To elect two (2) Directors for a three-year term in accordance with the Company By-laws.
- To consider and if thought fit, to adopt, with such amendments as may be made at the Meeting, the amendments passed by the Board of Directors on January 28th, 2021 to section 36(b) of By-law #1-95 removing the requirement in the first line that the President is to be the Secretary of all meetings of members and directors and to section 44(a) of By-law #1-95 amended to provide that Minutes of meetings are to be recorded by the Secretary or such other person as is appointed by the Board or the President from time to time.
- To transact any other business that may properly come before the meeting.
The Directors whose terms expire are Lloyd McGillivray and Brad Vanstone. Both are eligible for re-election.
Any qualifying policyholder wishing to seek election or re-election as a Director must file their intention to run, in writing, along with a nomination form, with the Corporate Secretary or designate, no later than close of business, February 26th, 2021.
A copy of the annual financial statements will be posted on the company website www.wwmic.com at least 21 days prior to the meeting. A policyholder may request a hard copy of the statements by contacting the head office in Goderich.
Due to the current COVID 19 pandemic, the meeting this year will be held electronically, allowing members who wish to attend to do so by establishing a communications link to the meeting. Members wishing to attend electronically must either email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the office at 1-800-265-5595 to pre-register no later than March 10th, 2021. Upon verification of membership, members will be provided with connection details as to how to join and participate in the electronic meeting.
By order of the Board of Directors,
West Wawanosh Mutual Insurance Company,