Position Title: Underwriting Manager
Location: Goderich, Ontario
Start Date: TBD
WHY WEST WAWANOSH MUTUAL INSURANCE?
We believe in working to support thriving communities in rural Ontario. Our agents, brokers, directors, and staff are your neighbours. We are invested in supporting local and we are dedicated to helping our communities any way we can.
West Wawanosh Mutual Insurance Company has an immediate opportunity for an
Underwriting Manager to join our Management Team in a full-time position in Goderich, Ontario.
This position will report directly to the CEO and will be responsible for the overall management and day to day operations of the underwriting department. They will lead and develop a team of underwriters and be responsible for the effective supervision of staff, along with coordinating/advising on underwriting. Other key areas include establishing/implementing policies and procedures, coordinating the setting of rates, reviewing wordings, researching/developing new products, identifying/implementing opportunities for efficiencies and managing the transaction service levels of the underwriting department.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify developmental needs of employees and provide coaching, mentoring, and assistance in goals.
- Provide leadership and technical underwriting support across all underwriting
lines to a team of underwriters, support employees and broker partners.
- Identifies and promotes suggestions to improve processes and quality of service
- Accountable for developing and managing process efficiencies across all lines of business and transactions.
- Develop, co-ordinate and conduct the appropriate technical training for all underwriting employees.
- Accountable for the ongoing Underwriting file audit process and reporting of summary results.
- Assist with the development, implementation and communication of corporate goals and objectives to support the business plan.
- Support the development of the underwriting department budget and monitor expenses.
- Accountable for timely reporting to regulatory and industry partners.
- Manage the process of large loss reviews and claims risks alerts management
- Supports the review of existing and proposed product changes
- Expert knowledge of operational systems, work-flow processes, and policies in support of client service expectations, continuous improvement, and overall efficiency
- Expert understanding of management reporting, information flow and organizational planning and Policy Administration
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Post-Secondary Education and completion of CIP.
- FCIP designation considered an asset.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience with P&C insurance.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a leadership position.
- Excellent leadership and organizational skills are essential.
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills.
West Wawanosh Insurance Company is an equal opportunity employer.
We are committed to meeting the accessibility needs of all individuals in accordance with the (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC). Should you require an accommodation to participate in our recruitment process, we will support you by considering your individual accessibility needs.