WEST WAWANOSH MUTUAL INSURANCE CO. IS HIRING A PROPERTY UNDERWRITER
Position Title: Property Underwriter
Location: Goderich, Ontario
Start Date: TBD
WHY WEST WAWANOSH MUTUAL INSURANCE?
We believe in working to support thriving communities in rural Ontario. Our agents, brokers, directors, and staff are your neighbours. We are invested in supporting local and we are dedicated to helping our communities any way we can.
West Wawanosh Mutual Insurance Company has an immediate opportunity for a Property
Underwriter to join our Underwriting Team in a full-time position in Goderich, Ontario.
This position will report directly to the Underwriting Manager and will underwrite and process
new business, renewals and endorsements within established authority limits and according to
Key Duties and Responsibilities:• Strong interpersonal and effective communication skills (verbal and written)
• Sound judgment in decision making, problem solving and prioritization
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple and varied complex assignments
• Strong computer skills and the ability to adapt to changes in technology, processes and workflow
• Must work well as part of a team and contribute to a positive work environment
• Professional and courteous customer service skills
EXPERIENCE:• Completion of post-secondary education in a related field
• Three (3) years minimum of insurance industry experience
• Completion or commitment to achieve professional designation such as Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP)
• Farm/Commercial experience would be a definite asset
A team environment that values the importance of a positive attitude, respect and
• A competitive pension and benefit plan.
• A Company where compassion and innovation come first
• A network of like-minded individuals committed to your growth and development
• Strong focus on community involvement and
• A healthy work life balance
West Wawanosh Insurance Company is an equal opportunity employer.
We are committed to meeting the accessibility needs of all individuals in accordance with the (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC). Should you require an accommodation to participate in our recruitment process, we will support you by considering your individual accessibility needs.